Monday, November 30, 2009

In Loving Memory

Bernice A. Farmer
1918 – 2009

Bernice A. Farmer peacefully passed away at age 91 on Nov. 23 after a long battle with Alzheimer’s. Mom will be greatly missed by all that knew and loved her. She is survived by three children, Terri Johnson, Russ Farmer, and Ron Hunt, 6 grandchildren, and 5 great-grandchildren. We are thankful for the time she had with us and choose to celebrate her life instead of mourning her death. Funeral arrangements have not been finalized but she will be returned to her final resting place alongside her late husband, Clarence, her parents, and her brother at Calvary Cemetery in St. Louis, MO.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got caught up on your blog and read about Russ' mom. Our
thoughts and sympathies go to you and Russ and your family. What a
wonderful thing that you chose to celebrate, rather than mourn. That is a much nicer tribute to a life well lived! Brenda

Anonymous said...

I wanted to tell you that I am thinking of you and so sorry to hear about Bernice. I remember when you were moving from the desert and she stayed with me at my apartment for 4 days. It doesn't seem like that long ago. Sandy

Anonymous said...

Russ and Susan,
It has been a while since I was able to check your blog. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out to you. Warm thoughts to you both.
Kim